The Aiello Breast Center staff provides comprehensive care that addresses a patient's physical and emotional well-being. We offer a streamlined approach to education, detection, diagnosis and treatment.
Our compassionate team is proud to offer:
- Highly individualized treatment programs, including complex, aggressive therapies
- State-of-the-art facilities and technology, as well as patient support services such as psychosocial counseling
- Outpatient and inpatient treatment
- Support, guidance, and education for patients and families
Our health care services are delivered across the entire continuum of care, from the first appointment to the last one needed, and even after that:
- Diagnostic services
- Radiation therapy
- A dedicated nurse navigator
- Reconstructive surgery
- Genetic counseling
- Survivorship care
- Evaluation of benign breast disease
- High risk assessment and follow-up
- Personalized breast surveillance plans
- Integrative medicine and acupuncture
- Clinical trials
- Education and outreach
The nurse navigator provides hands-on assistance to breast cancer patients, while continuing to support and educate them throughout their continuum of care at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center. Julie Siefert, RN, M.A. Ed, is the nurse navigator at the Aiello Breast Center. Julie has 25 years of experience as a registered nurse, has a Master’s degree in education, and has earned certifications in several medical specialties.
She provides personalized information and support, assists with appointments and scheduling, and becomes the patient's link to physicians, resources and therapies. This nursing service is an extension of the physician's office that works alongside and provides patients a sense of support and collaboration. Research shows that when utilizing a nurse navigation program, the time from diagnosis to treatment is shorter, the patient's understanding of the treatment is greater, their comfort and overall satisfaction with their physician and treatment is significantly improved.