Having a renowned cancer center right here lets you focus on what's most important: fighting back.
Having all the experts and the most sophisticated technology in one convenient location helps minimize the time and stress patients may experience while battling cancer. Which is why UM BWMC built the Tate Cancer Center in your backyard so you could receive expert care close to home.
The Tate Cancer Center is affiliated with the University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the country's leading hospitals in the treatment of blood, brain, breast, lung and prostate cancer. The Tate Cancer Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and is an Academic Comprehensive Cancer Program (ACAD).
Our Specialized Cancer Programs:
- Surgical Oncology: Diagnosing and surgically treating cancers of the gastrointestinal tract including esophageal, gastric, liver, pancreatic, bile duct, intestinal, stomach, gallbladder, bowel and colorectal cancers as well as endocrine malignancies and related conditions. We are specialized in minimally invasive techniques including laparoscopic and robotic surgery. Learn more.
- Thoracic Surgery: Diagnosing and treating cancers of the lung and esophagus. Learn more.
- Melanoma and Skin Cancer: Diagnosing, treating and removing melanoma and skin cancer.
- Breast Cancer and Disease: Evaluating and treating all types of breast problems and concerns, including patients with benign and malignant breast tumors, at the Aiello Breast Center. Learn more.
- Medical Oncology: Specializing in personalized treatment plans for patients undergoing chemotherapy and supporting their cancer recovery. Learn more.
- Neurosurgical Oncology: Removing tumors of the brain and spinal column. Learn more.
- Radiation Oncology: Offering the latest technology to deliver external beam radiotherapies. Learn more.
- Oncological Interventional Radiology: Providing expertise in CT scan guided techniques of soft tissue ablation of tumors and liver targeted therapy.
- Genitourinary Surgery: Diagnosing and treating cancers of the prostate, bladder, kidney, male genitalia and testis, and related diseases.
- Gynecological Oncology: Diagnosing and treating women's cancers and diseases of the ovaries and endometrium.
- Dietitian Services: Providing nutritional consultations and management of specialized diets for cancer patients.
- Clinical Trials: Offering patients access to several clinical trials through the radiation oncology department. Learn more.
- Survivorship Program: Comprehensive care and support to patients who have completed treatment for cancer at UM BWMC.Learn more.
- Palliative Medicine: Specializing in the relief of pain, symptoms and stress of cancer, palliative medicine can help when patients need answers, expertise and support. Learn more.
Click here to learn more about the Tate Cancer Center's accreditations and affiliation with the University of Maryland. For more information about these programs or to make an appointment, call 410-553-8100.