Cardiovascular disease. More deadly than cancer and automobile accidents. Combined.
Cardiac disease is public enemy number one, partly because it's not just one disease. It's any condition of the heart, from hypertension and arrhythmia to heart attacks.
It will hospitalize over 20 percent of the people who live in the Baltimore area. And we're not taking that lying down. Our cardiology department is equipped with specialized diagnostic tools, including two cardiac catheterization laboratories and a 24-bed critical care unit.
We offer a wide range of services to keep your heart healthy and strong:
- Diagnostic testing (heart and stress tests)
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures to treat heart conditions
- Angioplasties to treat heart attacks and open blocked arteries
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation to strengthen recovering hearts and lungs
- Classes and educational programs to help you live a heart healthy life
If you are suffering from chest pains, faintness or shortness of breath you may be suffering from a heart attack. You should IMMEDIATELY call 911. Please do not attempt to drive or transport yourself to the Emergency Department.