Get a closer look at our comprehensive cardiac programs through the words of our providers and our community. Browse our heart-related news stories, archived press releases and video clips:
- Dr. Ratnakar Mukherjee discusses the LifeNet communication system inside the emergency department
- Stroke Survivors Improve Health Through Weekly Yoga Class
Featured Video - Dr. Kelly Miller discusses heart disease on MPT's Your Health:
- Nine Tips for Greener, Cleaner Eating
- Spring Clean Your Eating Habits for a Healthier You
- Heart Health and Exercise
- What is Vascular Disease?
- Heart Month Lesson #1: Having a Heart Attack? Call 911
- BWMC Medics Resuscitate Glen Burnie Man After Heart Attack - 42 Times
- The Importance of Healthy Habits
- Ladies: Learn, Lower and Listen!
- After a Heart Attack, Well-Managed Exercise is Key to Rehabilitation
- Around the Park: Heartbeat for Health Ticks on as Snowflakes Fall
- Cardiac Rehab. Program at UM BWMC Celebrates 30 Years
- Pasadena Heart Attack Survivor: ‘Don’t be stupid. Call 911'
- Health Talk: Know the Signs of Vascular Disease
- Health Talk: How Exercise Benefits Your Heart
For more stories, visit our News Archive
- 6/20/2016 UM BWMC has received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
- 6/16/2016 UM BWMC has received the Mission: Lifeline® Gold Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks.
- 7/15/2015 UM BWMC has received the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s NCDR ACTION Registry–GWTG Platinum Performance Achievement Award for 2015 – one of only 319 hospitals nationwide to do so.
- 4/15/2015 UM BWMC was recognized by Healthgrades with the 2015 Patient Safety Excellence Award.
- 1/30/2015 UM BWMC celebrates American Heart Month in February.
- 6/11/2014 The Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care, the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization for Maryland, has awarded the 2014 Delmarva Foundation Excellence Award for Quality Improvement to UM BWMC.
- 5/7/2014 UM BWMC has received the Mission: Lifeline® Gold Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks.
- 1/22/2013 UM BWMC features several events in February as part of American Heart Month. Heart disease, which is the number one killer of both men and women in the United States, kills more than 600,000 people annually, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- 8/1/2012 UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center receives the American College of Cardiology Foundation's NCDR ACTION Registry–GWTG Platinum Performance Achievement Award for 2012 – one of only 164 hospitals nationwide to do so. The award recognizes BWMC's commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients.
- 7/18/2012 Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care, the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization for Maryland, has awarded the 2012 Delmarva Foundation Excellence Award for Quality Improvement to UM BWMC. To receive the Delmarva Foundation Excellence Award, the hospital must meet specific performance improvement criteria on 18 measures in four national inpatient clinical areas: acute myocardial infarction (heart attack), heart failure, surgical care improvement and pneumonia.
- 8/24/2010 UM BWMC donates 22 LifeNet Units to Anne Arundel County Emergency Medical Services, providing mobile information on severe heart attack patients.