UM BWMC has been caring for patients with heart disease since it opened in 1965. As the process for caring for the disease has progressed, UM BWMC has consistently included clinical advances to enhance its services and technology for the benefit of patients.
UM BWMC's cardiovascular program offers the following diagnostic/treatment services and facilities:
- Primary PCI
- Non-primary PCI
- Diagnostic catheterization
- Transesophageal echocardiograms (TEE)
- Stress testing
- Electrophysiology studies
- Pacemaker / Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (AICD) insertion
- Transthoracic echocardiography
- Intra-aortic balloon (IABP) insertion
- Dedicated state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization laboratory
- Dedicated vascular center for outpatient consultations to include diagnostic ultrasound
- Endovascular suite dedicated to minimally invasive treatment of peripheral vascular disease, renal artery disease, carotid stenting, etc. UM BWMC's interventional cardiologists perform peripheral vascular procedures in the dedicated, state-of-the-art endovascular suite which is separate from the main cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program
- 24-bed critical care unit, an additional 12-bed surgical intensive care unit and inpatient monitoring capabilities for over 50% of adult inpatients beds
UM BWMC’s cardiac care program has been and will remain flexible, and will continue to respond to the evolution of diagnostic and treatment methods for patients with cardiac disease.