Treats nausea and vomiting.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to trimethobenzamide. This medicine should not be given to children unless approved by your doctor.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Take this medicine with a full glass of water. Drink plenty of fluids while you are using this medicine to keep from becoming dehydrated.
- If you cannot swallow the capsule whole, you may open it and mix the medicine beads with juice or soft food (applesauce or pudding). Swallow the mixture without chewing.
If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Keep this medicine in the original tightly closed, light-resistant container, away from moisture and direct light.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using any medicines that make you sleepy (such as sleeping pills, cold and allergy medicine, narcotic pain relievers, or sedatives).
- Do not drink alcohol while you are using this medicine.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This medicine may make you drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
- If your vomiting does not stop after taking this medicine for one day, call your doctor.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Dark-colored urine or pale stools
- Hot, dry skin without sweating
- Lightheadedness or fainting
- Problems with balance or walking
- Uncontrollable muscle movements or twitching
- Yellow skin or eyes
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Blurred vision
- Mild diarrhea
- Muscle cramps
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Review Date: 2011-02-04