Treats scabies and severe itching.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to crotamiton.
How to Use This Medicine
- Use this medicine exactly as your doctor ordered. Use this medicine only on the skin.
- Take a bath or shower before applying the medicine.
- Shake the bottle well just before using.
- Avoid getting the medicine in your eyes or mouth.
- You should not use the medicine on open sores or badly scraped skin.
- Rub the medicine into the skin from your chin to your toes. Be sure to get the medicine into places where your skin folds (such as inside your elbows, under your arms, behind your knees).
- Wait 24 hours and use the medicine again.
- Change your clothing and bed sheets the next day and wash them thoroughly in hot water.
- Take a bath or shower 48 hours after the last application.
If a dose is missed:
- Use your medicine as soon as you remember that you have missed your dose.
- Do not apply two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store at room temperature, away from heat and moisture.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Check with your doctor before using any other skin products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Ask your doctor before using crotamiton if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe skin rash with itching
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Review Date: 2011-02-04