Treats a fungus infection on your skin, including tinea pedis ("athlete's foot"), tinea corporis ("ringworm"), and tinea cruris ("jock itch").
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Good Neighbor Pharmacy Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Lamisil, Lamisil AT, Lamisil AT Athlete's Foot, Lamisil AT Cream For Jock Itch, Lamisil AT Jock Itch, Leader Athlete's Foot AF, Quality Choice Athlete's Foot, Rite Aid Antifungal
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to terbinafine.
How to Use This Medicine
Cream, Spray, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to apply and how often. Do not use more medicine or apply it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Do not use it on skin areas that have cuts or scrapes. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away.
- This medicine should not be used in the vagina.
- Before using this medicine, use soap and water to wash the skin where you will use the medicine. Dry your skin with a clean towel.
- Put a thin layer of the cream over the infected area and rub it in gently.
- Use enough liquid to cover the infected skin and the healthy skin around the infection.
- Do not use the spray on your face.
- Use the medicine on both feet if you have athlete's foot.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless your doctor has told you to.
- Keep using this medicine for the full treatment time, even if you feel better after the first few doses. Your infection may not clear up if you stop using the medicine too soon.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
If a dose is missed:
- Use your medicine as soon as possible unless it is almost time for your next dose.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Keep the medicine at room temperature, away from heat and moisture. Do not freeze or refrigerate.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use other medicines on the same area of skin unless your doctor tells you to.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse, call your doctor.
- This medicine will only treat certain kinds of infections. Use the medicine as your doctor ordered. You should not use the medicine to treat other conditions such as diaper rash or vaginal infections.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Itching, rash, swelling, blisters, or redness that were not there before you used this medicine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Stinging, burning, or dryness where medicine is put on