Treats skin irritation (itching, rash, swelling, discomfort). This medicine is a corticosteroid.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to alclometasone.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to apply and how often. Do not use more medicine or apply it more often than your doctor tells you to. This medicine is not for long-term use.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Do not use on underarms or groin areas, or on skin areas that have cuts or scrapes. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away.
- Apply a thin layer to the affected area. Rub it in gently.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless your doctor has told you to.
- Never share your medicine with anyone.
If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, apply it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to apply the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not apply extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine at room temperature, away from heat and direct light.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not use cosmetics or other skin care products on the treated skin areas.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have a skin infection.
- If your symptoms do not improve within 2 weeks, call your doctor.
- Do not use this medicine for a skin problem that has not been checked by your doctor.
- Children may be more likely to have serious side effects from this medicine if too much is absorbed through the skin. Apply the medicine carefully to make sure you don't use too much.
- Do not use this medicine on the diaper area of a child.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe itching, burning, or skin irritation
- Redness, swelling, drainage, or pus from the area or other signs of infection
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild burning, dryness, irritation, redness, or itching