Supplies your body with vitamin B and vitamin C. You might need extra vitamins because of an illness or other medicines that you are using. You might not be getting enough vitamins from the food you eat, or for other reasons.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Folbee Plus, Nephrocaps, Rena-Vite Rx, Dialyvite, Nephro-Vite Rx, Vitaroca, Therobec, Strovite, Nephro-Vite, Full Spectrum B, Nephro-Vite Vitamin B and C Complex, Superplex-T, Total B w/C, Allbee w/C, Leader Natural B Complex with Vitamin C
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to vitamin C or any kind of vitamin B.
How to Use This Medicine
Tablet, Long Acting Tablet, Capsule, Liquid Filled Capsule, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Carefully follow your doctor's instructions about any special diet.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Swallow the extended-release tablet or liquid-filled capsule whole. Do not crush, break, or chew the tablet or capsule.
- Measure the sublingual liquid with the dropper that comes with the bottle. Squeeze the dropper to place the liquid under your tongue. Hold the liquid under your tongue for about 30 seconds, then swallow it.
If a dose is missed:
- Missing a dose of a vitamin supplement is usually not a cause for concern.
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Tell your doctor if you have liver disease or kidney disease.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Review Date: 2011-02-04