Digoxin Immune Fab (Ovine)
Treats an overdose of digoxin or digitoxin.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
This medicine should be given to anyone who has a life-threatening overdose of digoxin or digitoxin. This medicine is not indicated for use in mild cases of digitalis toxicity.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it should be given. This medicine is given through a needle placed in one of your veins.
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding, or if you have kidney disease. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to antibiotics.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing.
- Dry mouth, increased thirst, muscle cramps, nausea or vomiting.
- Fast or pounding heartbeat.
- Shortness of breath, cold sweat, and bluish-colored skin.
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Review Date: 2011-02-04