Used as a mineral supplement to add to the magnesium in your daily diet.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Coral Calcium, Uro-Mag, GNC Calcium/Magnesium with Vitamin D, PharmAssure Magnesium, Rite Aid Magnesium, Magnacaps, M2 Magnesium, Mg-225, Magimin-Forte, Magimin, Magnesium, Maglex, Mag-G, Magtrate, Magonate
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, there is no reason for you to not use this medicine.
How to Use This Medicine
Powder for Suspension, Liquid Filled Capsule, Capsule, Powder, Liquid, Tablet, Packet, Long Acting Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Drink at least six to eight (8 ounce) cups of liquid each day, unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- There are other medicines that may not work properly if you use them together with magnesium. Make sure your doctor knows about all other medicines you are using.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding, or if you have kidney disease.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Review Date: 2011-02-04