Treats some types of breast cancer in women.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not receive this medicine if you are a male who has breast cancer. You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to testolactone.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
If a dose is missed:
- This medicine needs to be given on a fixed schedule. If you miss a dose, call your doctor for instructions.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using blood thinner medicine that you take by mouth. Your blood thinner dose may need to be changed while you are using testolactone.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect the results of certain medical tests.
- Your doctor will need to check your blood at regular visits while you are using this medicine. Be sure to keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Numbness or tingling.
- Skin rash.
- Swelling in your arms or legs.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Body aches.
- Hair loss or changes in nail growth.
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite.