Prevents and treats lung disease (respiratory distress syndrome) in premature infants.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
Your child's doctor will decide if there is any reason your child should not use this medicine.
How to Use This Medicine
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give this medicine to your child in the hospital.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Tell your doctor if your child develops blue lips, slow heart beat, trouble breathing.
- Tell your doctor if your child develops seizures.
- Your doctor will need to check the progress of your child while he or she is receiving this medicine.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Bluish-colored lips, slow heartbeat.
- Trouble breathing.