Chromic Phosphate P 32 (KROME-ik FOS-fate P 32)
Treats cancer, and reduces fluid in your chest or stomach area that is caused by cancer. This medicine is a radioactive substance.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to chromic phosphate or if you have tumors that bleed.
How to Use This Medicine
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- While using this medicine, you will be exposed to radiation. Talk to your doctor about the risks and about precautions you need to take.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing.
- Chest pain, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Fever, chills, sore throat, body aches.
- Severe nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps.
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- General ill feeling.
- Mild stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Review Date: 2011-02-04