Hyaluronate Sodium (hye-al-ure-ON-ate SOE-dee-um)
Used during cataract surgery.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Provisc, Amvisc Plus
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to sodium hyaluronate.
How to Use This Medicine
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
- This medicine will be injected into your eye during your surgery.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing.
- Blurred vision.
- Burning in your eyes, red, swollen, or watery eyes.
- Severe headache.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Review Date: 2011-02-04