Treats problems caused by a lack of zinc in the body.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Elite Zinc, Galzin, M2 Zinc 50, Orazinc 110, Orazinc 220, PharmAssure Chelated Zinc, PharmAssure Zinc, Rite Aid Zinc, Zinc Aspartate, Zinc-220, Zn Plus Protein, Zn-50
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to zinc.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- It is best to take this medicine on an empty stomach, 1 hour before eating a meal or 2 hours after a meal. You may take this medicine with food if it upsets your stomach. Tell your doctor if you are taking this medicine with food.
If a dose is missed:
- Missing one dose is generally not a problem.
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store at room temperature in a closed container, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using penicillamine or tetracycline. Make sure your doctor knows about all other supplements you are using, such as iron supplements or copper supplements.
- Avoid taking zinc at the same time you eat whole-grain bread or cereal, bran, milk, yogurt, cheese, or ice cream. These foods can keep your body from absorbing enough zinc.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Upset stomach, vomiting