Ammonium Chloride (a-MOE-nee-um KLOR-ide)
Corrects salt imbalance in your body.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to ammonium chloride. You should not receive this medicine if you have liver disease or kidney disease.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it should be given. This medicine is given through a needle placed in one of your veins.
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Fever or vomiting.
- Seizures or fainting.
- Pain, itching, burning, swelling, or a lump under your skin where the needle is placed.
- Pale skin, sweating, muscle twitching.
- Slow or uneven heartbeat.
- Trouble breathing.