Chondroitin (kon-DROY-tin), Hyaluronate Sodium (hye-al-ure-ON-ate SOE-dee-um)
Used in eye surgery.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
DisCoVisc, Duovisc, Viscoat
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to chondroitin or hyaluronate. This product contains dry natural rubber (latex). Tell your doctor if you have had an allergic reaction to latex in the past.
How to Use This Medicine
- This medicine will be injected into your eye during surgery.
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Blurred vision, itching or burning of your eyes.
- Severe headache or pain in your eyes.