Treats low blood sugar.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Dex 4, Dex4, Discount Drug Mart Glucose, Glucose Tablets, Glutol, Glutose
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
Do not give this medicine to anyone who is unconscious.
How to Use This Medicine
Liquid, Chewable Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you when to use this medicine, and how much to use. Carefully follow all of your doctor's instructions when treating low blood sugar.
- Chew this tablet before you swallow it.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- You should not use this medicine if the plastic or foil seal inside is broken.
If a dose is missed:
- This medicine is to be used only when needed.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor: