Treats skin itching and pain caused by hemorrhoids.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to pramoxine.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- This medicine comes with patient instructions. Read and follow these instructions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- This medicine is for use on the skin around your anus only. Do not get this medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not put this medicine into the rectum by using fingers or any mechanical device, or applicator. Do not put any part of the aerosol container into your rectum.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- Before applying this medicine clean the affected area with mild soap and warm water. Then gently dry using toilet tissue or a soft cloth.
- Spread the medicine on a tissue or piece of cotton and gently apply to the skin around your anus.
If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store this medicine at room temperature away from heat, moisture, or light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of the used medicine applicator(s), containers, and any leftover medicine after you have finished your treatment. You will also need to throw away old medicine after the expiration date has passed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have rectal bleeding.
- If your symptoms get worse or if they do not improve within 7 days, call your doctor.
- You should not use this medicine for a child under 12 years of age without a doctor's approval.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Bleeding from your rectum.
- Pain, redness, irritation, or swelling around your anus.