Keeps you mentally alert.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Good Sense Stay Awake, Keep Alert, NoDoz, Rite Aid Stay Awake, Stay Awake, TopCare Stay Awake, Vivarin
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to caffeine.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- This medicine comes with patient instructions. Read and follow these instructions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid foods or drinks that contain caffeine while you are using this medicine.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- This medicine is for occasional use only. Do not use caffeine to stay awake for long periods of time. You will still need adequate restful sleep.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Ongoing drowsiness.
- Unusually fast heartbeat.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Feeling nervous or irritable.
- Trouble sleeping.