Vitamin D (VYE-ta-min D)
Maintains calcium and phosphorus in your body and makes your bones strong. This medicine is a vitamin.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Carlson Vitamin D, Carlson Vitamin D3, Delta D3, Drisdol, Mason Natural D2000, Mason Natural Vitamin D, Nature's Blend Super Strength Vitamin D3, Nature's Blend Vitamin D, Nature's Blend Vitamin D3, PharmAssure Vitamin D-3, Pharmassure Vitamin D-3, Rite Aid Vitamin D-3, The Medicine Shoppe Natural Vitamin D, Thera-D 2000, Thera-D 4000
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to vitamin D.
How to Use This Medicine
Tablet, Liquid Filled Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- It is best to take this medicine with food or milk.
- Carefully follow your doctor's instructions about any special diet.
If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows about all other medicines you are using.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have kidney stones, sarcoidosis, or overactive parathyroid gland.
- You should not use this medicine if you are under 18 years of age.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Change in how much or how often you urinate.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Weight loss.