Treats indigestion, heartburn, and upset stomach.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Antacid Supreme, C & M Caps-375, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Complete, Good Sense Complete, Magnebind 300, Mi-Acid Double Strength, Mylanta Supreme, Pepcid Complete, Rite Aid Dual Action Complete, Rolaids, Rolaids Extra Strength, Rolaids Multi-Symptom, TopCare Complete, Tums Dual Action
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to medicines that contain calcium or magnesium.
How to Use This Medicine
Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid, Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Shake the oral liquid just before using. Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- The chewable tablet must be chewed completely before you swallow it.
If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store at room temperature away from heat and moisture. Do not freeze the oral liquid.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Ask your doctor before taking this antacid if you are using any other medicines. Antacids can make some drugs not work as well.
- In some cases, you should not use antacids within 1 to 2 hours before or after using other medicines.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have kidney disease.
- You should not use certain brands of this medicine if you have kidney disease or are on dialysis. Some brands contain ingredients that could be harmful if your kidneys are not working properly. Always ask your health caregiver what specific brands of this medicine will work best for you.
- If your symptoms do not improve within 14 days, stop using this medicine and call your doctor.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe weakness or dizziness.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor: