Cleans and rinses areas of your body. You may need this because of a wound (such as a cut, scrape, or burn), surgery, or contact with something irritating (such as a chemical, medicine, or pollen).
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
BSS, Balanced Salt, Curity Sterile Saline, Curity Sterile Water, PhysioSol, Physiolyte, Physiosol, Renacidin, Rite Aid First Aid Saline Wound Wash, Saljet, Saljet Rinse, Tis-U-Sol
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. If you are using this medicine without a prescription, read the label on the package to find out the ingredients. If your doctor will be using this medicine during surgery or another procedure, make sure your doctor knows about any allergies you have.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- Do not swallow this liquid.
- Do not let the medicine container touch your broken or injured skin. If you are using this medicine in your eye, do not let the container touch your eye.
- If this medicine comes in a spray can, do not inhale the spray or use it near heat, open flame, or while smoking. Do not puncture, break, or burn the aerosol can. You might need to spray a little of the medicine in the air before using it on your skin. This will clear out the spray nozzle.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless your doctor has told you to.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not store the aerosol spray near heat or fire.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have diabetes.
- If this medicine was used in your eye, call your doctor if you start to have eye pain or vision changes after using this medicine.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Treated area does not get better or gets worse.