Multivitamins are given to children who need more vitamins in their diet. Fluoride helps prevent cavities.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Flor-DAC Tri-Vitamin, MVC-Fluoride, Multi Vitamin with Fluoride, Multivitamin and Fluoride, Multivitamin with Fluoride
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
Your child should not use this medicine if he has had an allergic reaction to fluoride or other vitamins and minerals.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- To use the oral liquid: Squeeze the right number of drops directly into the mouth using the dropper. Or you can mix the drops with food or juice.
- Chew the chewable tablets before swallowing. Take the medicine at bedtime after brushing your teeth.
If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store at room temperature in the original container, away from heat, light, and moisture. Do not freeze the oral liquid.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Your child should not use calcium supplements or eat foods rich in calcium (such as milk, cheese, or yogurt) within 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking this medicine.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if your child has kidney disease. You should not use certain brands of this medicine if you have kidney disease or are on dialysis. Some brands contain ingredients that could be harmful if your kidneys are not working properly. Always ask your health caregiver what specific brands of this medicine will work best for you.
- Too much fluoride can cause white patches or yellow or brown spots on the teeth. If this happens, stop using the medicine and call your child's doctor.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe nausea or vomiting
- Painful or aching bones
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- White, brown, or black spots on the teeth