Relieves dryness, irritation, or discomfort in your eyes.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
GenTeal, Genteal, Gonak, Goniosoft, Goniovisc, Isopto Tears, Nature's Tears, Pure & Gentle, Tears Again Mc
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to hypromellose or hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
How to Use This Medicine
- If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using this medicine. After 15 minutes, you may put the lenses in your eyes.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- Shake the eye drops well just before each use.
- Lie down or tilt your head back. With your index finger, pull down the lower lid of your eye to form a pocket.
- To use the eye drops: Hold the dropper close to your eye with the other hand. Drop the correct number of drops into the pocket made between your lower lid and eyeball. Gently close your eyes. Place your index finger over the inner corner of your eye for 1 minute. Do not rinse or wipe the dropper or allow it to touch anything, including your eye. Put the cap on the bottle right away. Keep the bottle upright when you are not using it.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of the used medicine container and any leftover medicine after you have finished your treatment. You will also need to throw away old medicine after the expiration date has passed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- If you use other eye medicines, do not put two of them in your eye together. Use this medicine first, and then wait 5 minutes before you put a second medicine in your eye.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- This medicine should be a clear liquid. Make sure you do not use this medicine if it is discolored or cloudy.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse, call your doctor.
- If you hurt your eye, develop an eye infection, or need to have eye surgery, talk with your doctor right away. You may need to change your medicine or stop using it.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Changes in vision.
- Eye pain, redness, or irritation.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Stinging or burning.