Replaces minerals that your body might lose due to too much heat and perspiration. Prevents tiredness and muscle cramps that can be caused by heat stress.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Electrotab, K-Mag-60, Medi-Lyte, Tri-Salts
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to an electrolyte or mineral supplement. This medicine might contain potassium, calcium, magnesium, or sodium (salt).
How to Use This Medicine
Powder, Liquid, Tablet, Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Drink a full glass (8 ounces) of water when you take the tablet or capsule.
- You must mix the powder with water or another liquid. Do not swallow the powder dry.
- Read the directions on the package to find out the maximum number of times you can use this medicine in one day.
If a dose is missed:
- It is usually not a concern if you miss a dose of this medicine.
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease.
- Some brands of this medicine contain sodium (salt). If you are on a low-salt diet, ask for a brand that does not have extra salt. Do not use a brand that has salt unless your doctor says it is okay.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe diarrhea, vomiting, muscle twitching.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild diarrhea.