Prevents nausea and vomiting that could be caused by cancer treatments (chemotherapy).
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to palonosetron.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.This medicine is usually taken about 1 hour before the start of chemotherapy.
- You may take this medicine with or without food.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any leftover medicine after you have finished your treatment. You will also need to throw away old medicine after the expiration date has passed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor if you have had an allergic reaction to similar medicines such as alosetron (Lotronex®), dolasetron (Anzemet®), granisetron (Kytril®), or ondansetron (Zofran®).
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing.
- Chest pain or shortness of breath.
- Fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat.
- Fever or chills.
- Swelling of the eye.
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Constipation, or stomach pain or upset.
- Headache or dizziness.
- Skin itching or redness.