Physical therapy is the evaluation and treatment of joint motion, muscle strength, endurance, balance, gait, functional ability, muscle tone and pain.
- Evaluation of musculoskeletal & neuromuscular dysfunctions (orthopedic & neurological conditions)
- Treatment with thermal, electric, water or sound modalities; therapeutic exercise or manual techniques to improve balance, gait, mobility and strength, as well as to reduce pain
- Wound care
- Amputee and prosthetic training
- Orthotic prescription, evaluation and fitting
- Diabetic education and foot care/shoe wear needs
- Low back evaluation and treatment
- Urinary incontinence management
- Wheelchair prescription
- Postmastectomy lymphedema
- Cancer-related weakness, fatigue or other dysfunction
In most cases, you will be given an appointment within three to five working days. Please call 410-787-4433 to make an appointment for physical therapy at UM BWMC.
We participate with most insurance carriers. As a courtesy, insurance benefits are pre-authorized so that patients will understand benefit limitations and/or any financial obligations they may incur.