Dedicated to caring for the people who usually take care of everyone else. To us, nurturing comes naturally. You'll discover that if you or your little one ever has to take advantage of our women's and children's services. So don't worry about leaving your family's well-being in the hands of any of the specialists here. Whether you're looking for pediatric care, treatment for women's health issues or a great place to have your baby, we'll put you and your child first.
Explore UM BWMC's women's and children's services:
- The Pascal Women’s Center at UM BWMC offers a wide variety of amenities for expecting mothers and their newborns, including spacious labor, delivery and recovery rooms with whirlpool tubs, private postpartum patient rooms, and dedicated operating rooms for Cesarean births. We also have on-site the University of Maryland Center for Advanced Fetal Care office, a Neonatal Special Care Unit, and we offer childbirth education classes to prepare growing families. Click here to learn more.
- Our physicians and midwives offer routine and specialized gynecologic care at their office locations throughout Anne Arundel County. In addition, our gynecologists perform a wide range of procedures to treat disorders and diseases of the female reproductive system. They also offer surgical treatment of certain conditions in UM BWMC’s state-of-the-art surgical suite. Click here to learn more.
- UM BWMC is home to a 10-bed secure pediatric unit for children with illness and injuries. We offer plenty of amenities for children and their families to make them feel at home during their stay. Our Pascal Women’s Center is also home to a Neonatal Special Care Unit, caring for babies as young as 32 weeks, including those with respiratory and feeding difficulties or those that require antibiotic and IV therapy. Click here to learn more.
- Stork’s Nest is an educational prenatal program for pregnant women who live in Anne Arundel County. The goal of the program is to prevent premature births, low birth weight babies and infant mortality. Participants attend educational classes to prepare them for childbirth and motherhood, and they receive points to “purchase” baby care items in UM BWMC’s Stork’s Nest Store. Click here to learn more.
- The Aiello Breast Center at UM BWMC provides all-encompassing breast care to women throughout the region. The center focuses on breast cancer prevention and early detection, identification of benign disease, diagnosis of breast cancer, cancer therapy and support services. Click here to learn more.