Relieves pain, burning, and discomfort caused by urinary tract infections and other urinary problems.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Azo Standard, Azo-Gesic, Baridium, Phenazo HCl, Pyridiate, Pyridium, Quality Choice Azo, RE-Azo, Rite Aid Urinary Pain Relief, The Medicine Shoppe Azo-Tabs, Urinary Pain Relief, Woman's Wellbeing UTI Relief
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to phenazopyridine.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- Swallow the tablets whole, do not crush or chew.
- You may take the medicine with food to avoid an upset stomach.
If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store at room temperature, away from moisture and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Check with your doctor before taking phenazopyridine if you have kidney or liver problems or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This medicine can turn urine a red or orange color. This is normal.
- This medicine may stain soft contact lenses. You may not want to wear your contacts while taking this medicine.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Skin rash or hives, trouble breathing
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Indigestion or stomach upset