Vitamin E (VYE-ta-min E)
Treats patients who do not have enough vitamin E in the body and may be used for other medical conditions.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Alpha-E, Aqua Gem-E, Aquasol E, E-400, E-600, E-Gems, E-Gems Elite, E-Gems Plus, Formula E 400, Gamma E Plus, Gamma E-Gems, Good Neighbor Pharmacy dl-Alpha Vitamin E, Key-E, Key-E-Kaps, Nature's Blend Vitamin E
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to vitamin E.
How to Use This Medicine
Capsule, Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much and when to take your medicine. You may take it with food.
- Use the dropper that comes with the oral liquid to measure your dose. Mix the medicine with foods such as cereal and fruit juice, or use the dropper to drop the medicine in your mouth.
- Do not crush or chew the capsule or tablet. Swallow this medicine whole with a full glass of water.
- Chew the chewable tablet and swallow with a full glass of water.
If a dose is missed:
- Try not to miss any doses; however, because this is a dietary supplement, do not worry if you miss one or two doses.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store at room temperature in the original container, away from heat, direct light, and moisture. Do not freeze the liquid.
- Keep all medicine away from children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking a blood thinner such as Coumadin®.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Check with your doctor before taking vitamin E if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have other medical problems.
- You should not use in greater amounts or more often than ordered by your doctor. Too much of this vitamin can be harmful.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dizziness, headache
- Nausea, diarrhea
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness