Cyanocobalamin (sye-an-oh-koe-BAL-a-min), Folic Acid (FOE-lik AS-id), Pyridoxine (pir-i-DOX-een)
Raises levels of folic acid, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12 in your blood, which could help lower the amount of homocysteine (an amino acid) in your blood. Too much homocysteine may lead to heart and blood vessel problems. This medicine is a combination of vitamins.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Carlson Homocysteine Guard, FaBB, Folbee, Folbic, Folcaps, Folgard RX, Folplex 2.2, Foltabs 800, Foltx, Lev-Tov, Nature's Blend B Complex + Folic Acid, TL Gard Rx, Tri-B, Virt-Vite, Virt-Vite Forte
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to folic acid, cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), or pyridoxine (vitamin B6).
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using levodopa (Larodopa®) or phenytoin (Dilantin®).
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have a history of pernicious anemia (not enough vitamin B12).
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Feeling bloated or swollen
- Feeling unusually sleepy or tired
- Mild diarrhea
- Skin tingling, burning, or itching