Makes MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) pictures brighter so your doctor can find and diagnose liver problems more easily.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to Teslascan®, manganese, or fodipir.
How to Use This Medicine
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine. This medicine is given through a needle placed in one of your veins. You will receive this medicine just before the MRI is started.
- You may receive this medicine on an empty stomach or if you have recently eaten.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding, or if you have liver disease, kidney problems, or seizures.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have ever had an allergic reaction to other medicines or dyes used for medical tests, of if you have any problems with your immune system.
- This medicine can cause nausea and vomiting. Make sure your doctor knows if you have stomach pain, or if you have been throwing up recently.
- You will need to lie on your back for the MRI. Tell your doctor if you have a condition that gets worse when you lie on your back. This may include digestion problems such as reflux esophagitis or GERD. Tell your doctor if you are unable to roll over onto your side if you need to.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect the results of certain medical tests.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Vomiting that lasts a long time.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea or upset stomach.
- Redness, heat, swelling, pressure, or pain at the area where you were given the shot.