Used in a number of different medical tests involving the gallbladder, pancreas, and intestines.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not be given this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to sincalide (Kinevac®), or if you have intestinal blockage. You should not be given this medicine if you are pregnant and are close to the time when you expect to have your baby.
How to Use This Medicine
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine. You will be given this medicine before you have your medical test done.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have gallbladder stones.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Feeling flushed or sweaty.
- Feeling short of breath.
- Feeling like you need to have a bowel movement, or diarrhea.
- Headache, lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting.
- Nausea, stomach pain or cramping, or vomiting.
- Skin rash.