Indium In 111 Capromab Pendetide (IN-dee-um In 111 KAP-roe-mab PEN-de-tide)
Used during a medical test or imaging procedure to help internal organs and other body parts show up better
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to indium In 111 capromab pendetide or to products made from mice. Women and children should not receive this medicine.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it should be given. This medicine is given through a needle placed in one of your veins.
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using digoxin (Lanoxin®).
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- While using this medicine, you will be exposed to dangers of radiation. Talk to your doctor about these risks and about precautions you need to take.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have had a test like this before, or if you have previously received any products made from mice.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect the results of certain medical tests.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Burning pain in your thigh.
- Lightheadedness or fainting.
- Severe headache or fever.
- Yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Bad taste in your mouth.
- Mild skin rash or itching.
- Muscle cramps.
- Pain, itching, burning, or swelling under your skin where the shot is given.
- Weakness or tiredness.