Supplies your body with amino acids if you need more than you get in your diet. Amino acids are used by your body to make proteins.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Amino Acid #1, Amino Acid #2, Amino Blend, Amino-Vil, AppTrim, AppTrim Lifestyles Obesity Management Program, AppTrim Lifestyles Post-Bariatric Surgery Program, AppTrim Lifestyles Pre-Bariatric Surgery Program, AppTrim-D, Appbutamone, Appbutamone-D, Appformin, Appformin-D, Apptrim, Apptrim-D
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients. If you are not sure what the ingredients are, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Do not use this medicine if you are under 18 years old.
How to Use This Medicine
Tablet, Long Acting Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid Filled Capsule, Liquid, Capsule, Powder, Packet, Bar
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- It is best to take this medicine with food or milk.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Swallow the tablet,extended-release tablet,capsule, or liquid-filled capsule whole. Do not break, chew, or crush it.
- Chew the chewable tablet thoroughly before you swallow it.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not freeze.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using any medicine to treat an infection (antibiotic).
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Ask your doctor before you use this medicine if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Make sure your doctor knows if you have kidney disease, liver disease, or a blood disease such as sickle cell anemia. Tell your doctor if you have a history of herpes or cold sores.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe stomach pain.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Unusual tiredness or drowsiness.
- Upset stomach.