Used during a medical test or imaging procedure to help internal organs, such as parts of the kidney, show up better.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
NovaPlus Indigo Carmine
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You or your child should not receive this medicine if you had a bad reaction to indigotindisulfonate.
How to Use This Medicine
- This medicine is given through a needle placed in one of your veins or as a shot into one of your muscles.
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Pain, itching, burning, swelling, or a lump under your skin where the needle is placed.