Reduces dryness in your mouth and throat. Also aids in treating mouth sores caused by radiation or chemotherapy.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Aquoral, Caphosol, Moi-Stir, Mouth Kote, Mouth Kote Dry Mouth, Numoisyn, Saliva Substitute, SalivaSure
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to saliva substitutes.
How to Use This Medicine
Liquid, Lozenge, Spray, Swab
- You can use this medicine as often as you need to or as directed by your doctor.
- This medicine comes with patient instructions. Read and follow these instructions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- To use the spray: Do not shake the spray. Pump the spray in to the air once before using it for the first time. Hold the can upright very close to your mouth, then spray the medicine into your mouth. After spraying you can swallow or spit it out.
- Do not inhale the spray or get it into your eyes. Do not use this medicine near heat or open flame and do not puncture the container.
- The oral solution needs to be mixed first before you can use it. Swish with half of the solution thoroughly for 1 minute and then spit it out. Repeat with the second half of the solution and then spit it out. Make sure that you use the solution immediately after mixing.
- Do not eat or drink anything for at least 15 minutes after you have used this medicine.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not refrigerate.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using any other medicine to treat your dry mouth or throat.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor about all the allergies you have before using this medicine.
- This medicine contains sodium. Make sure your doctor knows if you are on a low salt diet before you start using this medicine.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing