Treats and prevents severely dry or chapped skin and other skin irritations.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
Aloe Vesta Skin Conditioner, Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief, Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort Lotion, Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion, Aveeno Baby Essential Daily Care, Aveeno Daily Moisturizing, Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion, Aveeno Intense Relief Overnight Cream, Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion, Baza Cleanse & Protect, Cavilon Durable Barrier, Cavilon Emollient, Cavilon Foot Emollient, Cavilon One-Step Skin Care, Comfort Shield Barrier Cloths
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to dimethicone.
How to Use This Medicine
Kit, Cream, Ointment, Lotion, Pad, Stick, Spray, Gel/Jelly
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Clean minor wounds before applying this medicine.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Do not use it on skin areas that have cuts or scrapes. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away.
- Apply a thin layer to the affected area. Rub it in gently. Do not rub in the medicine that came in a pad, swab, or spray. Allow the pad, swab, or spray medicine to dry before covering the skin.
- Shake the aerosol can just before using. Hold the can 3 to 6 inches from the skin and spray for about 2 seconds.
- Do not inhale the spray or use it near heat, open flame, or while smoking. Do not puncture, break, or burn the aerosol can.
- Apply this medicine as often as needed unless your doctor tells you not to.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of the used medicine container and any leftover medicine after you have finished your treatment. You will also need to throw away old medicine after the expiration date has passed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not use this medicine for a skin problem that has not been checked by your doctor.
- If someone accidentally swallows some of this medicine, call your local poison control center.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse, call your doctor.
- Do not use this medicine on serious burns, animal bites, deep wounds, or on skin that is infected unless your doctor tells you to.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Increased redness or blistering on the skin.