Hydrogel, Aloe Vera Base (HYE-droe-jel, AL-oh VER-a base)
Treats mouth irritations caused by braces or dentures.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to hydrogel.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Wash your hands before you apply this medicine.
- Open the package that contains the medicine pad. Remove the pad and cut it into strips.
- Place a strip on each affected area in your mouth. Hold the strip in place until it sticks completely to the affected area. The strip will become a protective film over the irritated area in your mouth.
- Each medicine pad is for one use only. Throw away the opened package and any unused medicine strips. Keep each new pad inside its package until you are ready to use it.
- The medicine pad is safe if you accidentally swallow it.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse, call your doctor.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing