Occupational therapy is the use of activity or interventions that develop, improve, sustain, or restore the highest possible level of independence in activities. Such as activities involved with daily living, upper extremity function, or cognitive impairment that may be experienced with a hand injury, arthritis, stroke or other musculoskeletal or neuromuscular dysfunction.
- Assessment of daily living and self-care skills
- Evaluation and treatment of neuromotor and sensorimotor dysfunctions (neurological conditions)
- Upper extremity amputee and prosthetic training
- Evaluation and treatment of hand deformity and dysfunction
- Fabrication of splints and provision of assistive or adaptive equipment
- Instruction in energy conservation and work simplification techniques
- Postmastectomy lymphedema
In most cases, you will be given an appointment within three to five working days. Please call 410-787-4433 to make an appointment.
We participate with most insurance carriers. As a courtesy, insurance benefits are pre-authorized so that patients will understand benefit limitations and/or any financial obligations they may incur.